Holiday shopping season is in full swing and if you're like me, you've got a super long to-do list right now. Over the last ten years, my husband and I have honed our holiday shopping planning (you can read more about it over at Vermont Mom) but a few key things have changed. We used to do a lot of our shopping on Amazon and in big box stores, and our gift-giving list was pretty long. Over the past few years, especially since the beginning of the pandemic, we've cut back on the number of gifts that we give and we focus more on supporting small businesses.
Of course, since we are a small business family ourselves, we understand just how amazing it is to receive support from our customers. Because of you all, we've been able to expand our business, better support our families and support other small businesses, as well.
We've taken the Shop 1 in 5 pledge (to make at least 1 of every 5 purchases this holiday season with a small business), and we hope that you all will, too!
Here are some great holiday gifts that support small businesses:
1. Buttery-soft headbands from Michigan Threads Headbands; I own several of these and they are so, so comfortable.
3. Gift certificates from a local plant nursery; we really like Full Circle Gardens because they sell a ton of plants that are native to Vermont.
7. Soy candles from Bella Vida Candles; I especially love their Farmhouse Kitchen candle for the holidays, but their Olive Oil + Bergamot, Bartlett Pear, and Mahogany Coconut candles are also on my favorites list.
8. Quilted coasters from us, One Stitch Back; we couldn't possible make a small business list without mentioning our long-standing bestseller. You can find patchwork coasters, holiday coasters, florals, and even coasters made with fabric designed by us! You can also snag a set of mystery Christmas coasters for just $7.
9. Handcrafted soap from The Roan Cow; some of my faves are Hot Coffee, Lemon and Parsley, Grapefruit, and Salty Mare (which smells like margaritas)!
Lastly, I posted a reel a few days ago of my son opening a letter from Santa. I got the letter from Jen at Letter B Calligraphy; she does such beautiful work! If you haven't seen the reel yet, you can see it here.
I hope you take a moment to check out some of these small businesses and tell them we sent you! If you decide to buy, you'll absolutely make their day.